Spinach, Ham & Olive Tart.
It seems that in summer months, our weekly menu’s always have one meal with pastry in it. I love simple tarts that take almost no time to do, and when they taste this good, there’s really no excuse NOT to try it. This is a super easy one and the end result is something like a rustic Pizza.
1 roll, Ready Made Puff Pastry
250g Baby Spinach
1 onion, finely diced
3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
4tbsn Greek Yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
200g Smoked Ham, Sliced
2 handfulls, Pitted Baby Calamata Olives
Grated Parmesan Cheese (don’t bother using the powdered stuff. If you can’t get fresh Parmesan try Pecorino or even Gruyere)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 5mm thick. Cut into 4 rectangles and roll up the sides to form a bit of a border. Place on a greased oven tray and pop into the fridge to stay cool. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large pan/wok, fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden. Add the spinach and sautè until wilted. Allow to cool slightly and add the yoghurt and egg and seasoning.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and spread about 2tbsn of the Spinach mixture onto each little tart.
- Follow with the sliced ham and olives and top with the cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the pastry is crisp and golden.