Sweet & Spicy Chicken on Sort of Waldorf Salad
Another Summer essential of mine, is Salad. I love it in every way, shape and form. I usually add grilled chicken to ours to make it more of a Substantial meal but even without it most salads are GREAT. Last night I knew I wanted to make salad and I had Pecans, Granny Smith Apples and the usual salad stuff, so I decided to do a bit of a Ally-Style Waldorf. I unfortunately had no celery but it didn’t matter…this was GREAT. The Pecans, Apples and tangy mayo dressing worked PERFECTLY with the spicy chicken. Perfect Summer Supper.
This is enough for about 4 people, if there are more, just increase the amounts for the salad ingredients.
1 large Chicken breast per person
3 cups Orange Juice
4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
1 tsp Paprika
4 Red Chillies, roughly chopped ( I wanted it really spicy)
1 handful lettuce per person (I used Sweet baby greens)
2 Large, Granny Smith Apples, roughly chopped
Pecans, Chopped. About ½ handful per person
1 punnet Cherry Tomatoes
½ Large Cucumber, sliced
2 feta rounds, roughly chopped
½ cup Mayo (I use the NOLA Creamy original one)
3 tbsn Vinegar
1tbsn Wholegrain Mustard
1 tsp Salt
- Marinade the chicken in the Orange Juice and spices for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill Chicken for +- 6 mins per side and baste regularly with leftover marinade.
- Combine all the salad ingredients.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and shake/stir well to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Dress the salad and top with sliced Chicken Breasts.
Serve with crusty bread.