Tzatziki and a How to video
I absolutely adore tzatziki and lucky for me, my family does as well. Whenever I make it, the twins hover around me, not being able to wait until they get to eat it. Aidan has been known to eat it with his fingers, not even waiting for me to give him something to dip into it. I think what it is about tzatziki that I love so much is that it is incredibly fragrant and flavourful but it feels healthy and light (even though I use thick as can be Greek yoghurt). It’s also incredibly easy and quick to knock together and can be used as a dip or as a sauce for everything from vegetables to chicken and lamb. Oh, and it’s absolutely delicious when used as a dip for warm, slightly doughy pita bread.
On another note, this marks the first ever recipe video for Simply Delicious and I am just so excited about it. We’ve (my husband and I) been throwing ideas around and playing around and so, I am very proud to share our first video for this stunning tzatziki with you. A big shout out has to go out to my darling husband, Chris, for doing all the camera work and editing. I simply did the motions but he made it what it is and I am very grateful. He’s quite the director and I think he was meant to be something in film, such a natural! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 large English cucumber, coarsely grated
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil, to serve
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out excess liquid (through a sieve or a piece of muslin).
- Place in a bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Stir to combine and serve. (Can be made up to 3 hours in advance, keep covered in the fridge.)