Roasted potatoes with herb salt
Crunchy, golden exterior giving way to fluffy, soft interior flavoured with thyme and rosemary infused salt. That is what you get when you eat these potatoes. And honestly, nothing more needs to be said so I won’t even try to wax lyrical about it. Just make these, eat them and then come back to tell me how good they were.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup sunflower/canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Halve the peeled potatoes then cut each halve in ⅔ pieces. Put the potatoes into a large pot and add water.
- Allow the potatoes to come to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain and allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large roasting tray.
- When the oil is hot and the potatoes are dry, carefully place the potatoes in the oil and place in the oven.
- Allow to roast for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, blitz the salt and herbs in a food processor. When the potatoes have been roasting for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle over the salt. Toss to coat the potatoes in the salt and oil then place back in the oven and allow to continue roasting.
- Remove the potatoes when they are golden and crunchy and serve immediately.