When I first wrote the title for this post, I couldn’t stop giggling. Can you tell I have the mental capacity of a 12 year old? “3 ways with eggs”. *snort* And if you came to this post looking for um… 3 ways… well then I’m throwing some serious side eye your way. However, if you came here looking for 3 delicious ideas with scrambled eggs, then you’ve come to the right place.
I have always been a massive fan of scrambled eggs. It takes all of 2 minutes from the moment I crack the eggs to the moment I dish it up and I love its versatility. Plain and simple, jazzed up with chillies, anything goes really. Over the years I’ve figured out my favourite ways of eating scrambled eggs and I think my all-time favourite is definitely the chilli-cheese version. I think chillies and eggs are a match made in food heaven but add cheese and you have me drooling all over my keyboard. I used Parmesan in this one but I most often add crumbled feta cheese which leaves little nuggets of soft but not melted cheese in the creamy eggs. Drool-worthy stuff, no?
If you want to show off or impress someone, make them the smoked salmon version. Man alive, it’s amazing. Salty, smoky salmon. Creamy Crème fraîche. Fragrant chives. Yes! All of these are amazing served on crusty sourdough or toasted baguette but I often eat them as is, straight out of the pan. Who needs a plate when deliciousness is waiting for you?
- 2-3 free-range eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- small knob of butter
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- small handful grated Parmesan/Cheddar/Crumbled feta cheese
- 50g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Crème fraîche
- For the basic scrambled eggs, heat a non-stick frying pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the knob of butter in the pan then add the eggs. With a spatula, push the eggs from the outer edges inwards. Cook for 30 seconds-1 minutes or until cooked to your liking then serve.
- For the chilli-cheese version, scatter over the chilli when you've poured the eggs into the pan. When the eggs are half-way done, add the cheese and continue cooking until done to your liking.
- For the smoked salmon version, whisk the Crème fraîche into the eggs then pour into the prepared pan. Add the chives immediately and when the eggs are halfway done, add the smoked salmon and continue cooking until done to your liking. Serve immediately.