Today, I won’t be giving you a lengthy post abut how fabulous this dish is. I’ll let the pictures do the talking. Just imagine a soft, oozy egg on top of crisp, salty bacon in a soft roll flavoured with chilli, basil & almond pesto. Simple and perfect.
- 100g blanched almonds
- 80g basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ - 1 chilli, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- streaky bacon, cooked to your preference
- 2 eggs, fried
- 2 bread rolls
- fresh watercress
- To make the pesto, combine all the ingredients except for the oil in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped. With the blade running, slowly pour in the oil until you reach the desired consistency. I like a thicker pesto.
- To assemble the rolls, place some fresh watercress on the rolls followed by the cooked bacon, fried eggs and finally some of the pesto.
- Serve immediately.