Really perfect comfort food!! A great weekend breakfast idea and just as perfect as a snack. Replace the blueberries with any other berries that you fancy. You can use fresh or frozen for this recipe, just allow the frozen berries to thaw and mix with 2 tbsn of icing sugar.
180g Self Raising Flour
12.5ml Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1tbsn Melted Butter
1 punnet Blueberries
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg, water and butter together.
- Mix the fluids with the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- In a moderately heated pan, place spoonfulls of the batter and sprinkle some of the blueberries ontop. Allow to bake until bubbles appear on the surface and flip over.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with extra berries sprinkled over and a dollop of Mascarpone Cheese.