This rich and aromatic bolognese pasta bake is perfect for busy weeknights or feeding a crowd as it can easily be made in bulk and frozen.
You guys, are we all done with our Christmas shopping? Because I’m not. *insert panic-stricken face* But I am fully embracing online shopping and have placed a few orders this morning because I don’t exactly have 3 weeks left before I have to have the gifts like most people. We are leaving next week for our annual Summer holiday and if I don’t have the gift by then, my family are all getting hugs for Christmas. No jokes.
It’s actually so silly that I am so bad at Christmas gift planning but I pretty much have a meal plan set out for the entire December. I have a list as long as my arm of ideas for feeding crowds (or just my brothers…), easy breakfasts, make-ahead desserts and impressive roasts to get me through all the entertaining. This bolognese pasta bake is exactly one of those. It’s the kind of recipe I make when I don’t have anything else to do and pop in the freezer, ready to be baked and served to adoring friends and family. Or again, just my brothers. The leftovers are pretty awesome too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc.
- Combine the bolognese, bechamel and cooked pasta and mix well. Add a little of the pasta cooking water to loosen the consistency, if necessary.
- Transfer half of the pasta to an oven-proof casserole dish then sprinkle over half of the cheese.
- Add the remaining pasta and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until bubbling and the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.