Butternut & Feta Quiche
I absolutely LOVE quiche. In every shape, size and form. I think it’s the ultimate summer food. It’s great for a easy-going lunch, a light dinner and picnics. The possibilities really are endless and there is just so much you can do with it.
Butternut & Feta really is one of my ULIMATE combo’s. The sweetness of the butternut just goes perfectly with the saltiness of the Feta and it’s a match made in heaven.You could also add some chopped red chilli to this for some added zing.
1 roll, Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
1 Large Butternut, peeled, de-seeded and cubed and cooked 3/4 (I roasted mine in a hot oven for 15 mins)
3 Feta Rounds, Cubed
4 Large Eggs
250ml Cream (I used Reduced Fat)
1tbsn Fresh Thyme
1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Roll out the pastry to fit into your quiche dish, place it in the dish and remove the excess pastry. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, thyme, mustard and seasoning (keep in mind the feta is very salty so go lightly with the salt) and set aside.
- When the pastry is cold, remove it from the fridge and arrange the Cooked Butternut and Feta Cheese on the bottom.
- Pour over the ‘custard’, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake in a 180°C oven for 15-20 minutes until the Quiche is set and the pastry has browned slightly.
- Serve with a nice zesty Salad.