Soft and fluffy dinner rolls are absolute perfection when baked in a dinner roll wreath around a melty Camembert as a Festive appetizer.
You guys. Yesterday I showed you how to make the Ultimate Holiday Cheese board and today we do even more cheese in the form of this amazing Festive dinner roll wreath. You would be hard-pressed to find a more delectable appetizer for your holiday parties than this one. And it’s so easy! The dinner roll recipe is the same one I posted a few weeks ago but if you wanted to, you could of course use shop-bought bread dough.
It’s also the kind of recipe that can be doubled easily to feed a bigger crowd and you might want to do that anyway because let’s be honest, who could say no to a soft, warm dinner roll dunked into a pool of melty Camembert cheese? No one, that’s who! I wanted to keep the flavors in the rolls plain and simple to make the Camembert shine but you could of course add garlic or herbs to the melted butter brushed onto the rolls and you could even sprinkle the rolls with sesame or poppy seeds. The choices are endless. But for now I’ll leave you to drool over that melty cheese. You’re welcome!
- Dinner roll dough
- 1x Camembert, top skin sliced off
- pinch of chilli flakes/red pepper flakes
- pinch of dried oregano
- Follow the instructions for the dinner roll wreath up to the baking time.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc.
- Form small rolls (around golf-ball sized) and place around the Camembert on a baking tray.
- Brush with melted butter then remove the Camembert and place the rolls in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 10 minutes then remove the rolls from the oven. Place the Camembert back in the hollow then sprinkle over the oregano and the chilli flakes.
- Brush the rolls with more melted butter (optional) and place back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the rolls are golden brown and the Camembert is melty and serve.