Cranberry and ginger mojito
This cranberry and ginger mojito is the perfect festive cocktail and can be made in big jugs and served during your Christmas festivities.
You guys, we are exactly 13 sleeps away from Christmas. THIRTEEN!! Squeal! I am both elated and a bit bummed. The run up to Christmas is my favourite time of the year and once the actual day arrives, I’m always left a little sad that it’s all over. But while we’re in it, I’m having a ball. And what better way to celebrate than with a “probably-won’t-be-able-to-just-have-one” cocktail?
This cranberry and ginger mojito is in my opinion, the ultimate Christmas cocktail. It’s got loads of festive flavour but is so easy to make. PLUS you can make it in huge batches. The cranberry and ginger syrup can easily be made a few days ahead and kept in the fridge and as all the flavour and magic of this cocktail is in the syrup, you could easily top it with ginger beer/soda water/lemonade and make virgin mojitos for the kids or your guests who don’t drink alcohol. So versatile!
This cocktail is also in celebration of 2016. It was a seriously tough year for me professionally with massive challenges and changes around every corner but I’ve made it through much better at my job (I hope) and a little stronger. It’s also with this post that I am signing off for the year. Tomorrow my family and I head off for our annual Summer holiday and we’ll only be back in early January. I can’t tell you how excited I am to have a few weeks of limited signal and connectivity, reading for hours, drinking cocktails, lazing on the beach and eating all the food.
Thank you for being part of my journey during 2016. For all your comments and likes and shares. You guys are what makes this whole thing worth it and I am very grateful for you all. I hope you have a wonderful festive season with your family and may 2017 be filled with love, laughter and happiness. xxx
- 2 cups cranberries (I used frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger (to taste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 parts cranberry & ginger syrup
- 1-2 parts white rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- soda water/club soda
- frozen cranberries
- lime wedges
- fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture until smooth then strain to remove all the fruit pulp.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the mojito, pour syrup into the bottom of a tall glass, add ice, cranberries, mint leaves and lime wedges. Add the rum and top with soda water/club soda.
More festive cocktail recipes: