You have family/friends coming over. You want to impress them but not work too hard AND you don’t have a lot of time. Well my friends, you have come to the right place because today I am sharing a recipe with you that is so easy and so impressive, your guests will crown you the ultimate domestic god/goddess.
I don’t know about you but I always want to impress people when they come for a meal at my house. I guess my ego plays a huge role in that because let’s get real, everyone wants their guests to leave their home feeling satisfied. I have found that whether I put in a lot of effort or not, my guests always respond well to simple flavours and good texture. That’s why these crumbed cauliflower florets are such a hit.
Cauliflower has definitely been the vegetable of the year and in this way they are given a fancy jacket and are turned into a really delicious snack. Along with the caper mayonnaise (which takes all of a minute to throw together), these make a great addition to any tapas platter and are perfect served with drinks, pre-dinner. All-in-all a great recipe for the Festive season and one you’ll be using over and over. Guaranteed.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 250ml (1 cup) flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packets Knorr Crispy & Tasty Chicken Coating
- 2 litres sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- !For the caper mayonnaise
- 250ml (1 cup) good quality mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) capers (chopped if they're very large)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Place the flour, eggs and crumb coating in three separate bowls.
- Coat the cauliflower florets first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the crumb coating.
- When the oil is hot, fry the cauliflower until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oil and allow to drain on kitchen paper.
- To make the caper mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise and the capers.
- Serve the crispy cauliflower hot, with the caper mayonnaise.