These easy healthy banana oat waffles is the perfect breakfast recipe for busy mornings. Refined sugar free and full of goodness, they are delicious served with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
You guys, these easy banana oat waffles have upped my breakfast game big time. Because honestly, who has time in during rushed mornings to whip up a super healthy AND delicious breakfast? Well, me. And now you too. Because I’m not kidding you, these waffles take all of 10 minutes to make, from start to finish. While the waffle maker heats up, you blend together all the ingredients. Pour the batter into the waffle iron, wait 2-3 minutes et voila. Healthy breakfast waffles are a go!
I based this recipe on the most popular recipe on Simply Delicious for a few years now, my easy and healthy banana oat pancakes. The only difference here is that I doubled the amount of rolled oats used as this gives the waffle a bit more substance and they hold up better in the waffle maker. Other than that, you still only need 5 ingredients to make these (without the salt which is totally optional). I mean, are we winning or what?
Let’s talk toppings. These banana oat waffles are so versatile and can be topped with pretty much anything your heart desires. These are some of my favourite combos:
- Fresh raspberries/banana and a drizzle of honey. (Super easy and fuss free!)
- A smear of nut butter, sliced apple and maple syrup/honey. (I mean)
- Lemon curd yoghurt (or whichever yoghurt you love), fresh berries and yep, you guessed it, more honey.
I’m also loving the idea of adding some Middle-Eastern dukkah to a banana topped waffle to add a bit of spice. Yum! Whichever way you go, you honestly can’t go wrong. I guarantee these will be a hit at you breakfast table!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- to serve
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- honey/maple syrup
- peanut/almond butter
- Place all the batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a waffle maker/iron and pour in a few tablespoons of batter.
- Cook until the waffles are golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the waffles and serve with toppings of your choice.