Potato wedges are a classic side dish and this baked spicy garlic version is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Perfect for busy weeknights or casual entertaining.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret of mine. I am completely addicted to potato wedges. Have been for years. And this recipe for easy baked potato wedges is my fail-safe side dish option when I have nothing else in the house but need to feed my family. It’s featured on the side of burgers, next to juicy grilled steaks, with roast chicken and as is served with ketchup for lunch.
What I love so much about potato wedges is that I kind of get the satisfaction of eating fries with none of the guilt. Ok, who am I kidding, I feel no guilt when eating fries BUT potato wedges are definitely a little healthier for you. I also always leave the skins on because I seriously love their flavour (and of course, all those nutrients) but if you prefer, feel free to peel the potatoes first.
The spice mixture is one I’ve loved for quite a while now goes so well with the neutral flavour of the potatoes. Of course, feel free to add or leave out what you feel would suit your tastes best. But as you’ll know if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, I love anything spicy. And these chunky potato wedges with their spicy coating will be a hit with whoever you share them with. Guaranteed.
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2-3 tablespoons olive/vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc.
- Place the potato wedges in a large bowl and add the oil, spices and seasonings.
- Mix well, ensuring each potato wedge is covered with the herbs and spices.
- Transfer to a greased/non-stick baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside. Flip halfway into the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven, scatter over the chopped parsley (optional) and serve.