Easy sticky lemon-turmeric chicken
Sticky lemon turmeric chicken thighs baked in a honey, lemon and turmeric glaze is the perfect easy weeknight dinner served with greens.
Those of you who have been reading Simply Delicious for a while will know that I am a serious fan of one-pan chicken dishes. It is what I feed my family when I have zero inspiration and even less time and it is what I fall back on weekly when faced with the dreaded “what are we eating for dinner?”. It’s safe to say the Ryders pretty much run on easy chicken dishes, salad and the odd creamy pasta dish or two.
There has been much talk lately of turmeric and all its many health benefits. Turmeric is something I have loved cooking with for the longest time. Mostly because it gives food a really gorgeous yellow glow but also because I really like its earthy flavour and aroma. Mostly, though, it’s just been an extra I add to my curries. But I’ve been experimenting with it more and more and I have to say, this easy turmeric chicken recipe is one of my favourites. I love that I can do everything in one pan and that my kids always ask for seconds. Plus we have the added benefits of the turmeric with all its anti-inflammatory properties and the lemon’s alkalising goodness. I mean, we’re pretty much healing ourselves while we eat. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc.
- Brown the chicken thighs in an oven-proof pan on both sides, seasoning generously with salt.
- Combine the honey, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and curry powder and mix well.
- Pour the turmeric mix over the chicken and place in the oven.
- Allow to cook for 30 minutes, basting with the glaze every 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze has thickened.
- Remove from the oven and serve.