This 5 minute salsa recipe is easy to make and is perfect served with chips and guacamole as a simple snack or alongside quesadillas and enchiladas.
Hi, my name is Alida and I have eaten more of this salsa in the last 4 days than I care to admit out loud. And honestly, I’m not even sorry about it. Because you guys, it has changed my snack-game big time. Before this salsa, I would use jarred, shop-bought salsa or pile fresh pico de gallo or guacamole on my chips and all of those are fine. But then this salsa came into my life and I have not been able to stop since.
The fact that this literally takes 5 minutes to make (this includes the time it will take you to gather the ingredients. The actual salsa-making-time is like 1-2 minutes max) is such a bonus. I whip up jars and jars of the stuff every other day and use it on everything. Literally, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. As a side to grilled chicken, on top of my scrambled eggs in the morning, stirred into pasta sauces. I mean, it’s clear to see I’m a little obsessed. It’s bright, just a little spicy, zingy and just perfect for easy snacking so go ahead and make a batch asap. Then come back and tell me about it so we can all gush together!
- 1 x 400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes (drain the tomatoes if you want a thicker salsa)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful fresh coriander/cilantro (to taste)
- 2 fresh Jalapeños, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon/lime juice, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the ingredients have just been broken down. Take care not to blend too much as the salsa will lose all its texture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- This salsa will keep for up to 10 days in a sealed container in the fridge.