As I write this post, I can hear the waves crashing outside and the house is quiet as all the members of my family are still deeply in slumber. Everyone is utterly exhausted from the day spent on the beach yesterday. This is what Summer is all about for me. And when Summer is around, I want to eat fresh and tasty foods that don’t take hours to prepare. The more time spent on the beach or outside with my kids, the better.
These crumbed lamb chops are a great example of that type of food, absolutely delicious and even though they take more time to do than say, a braai’ed lamb chop, they are certainly worth the extra trouble. I used Mediterranean Delicacies’ Parmesan style cheese and the result was a crispy crust full of flavour.
I suggest you serve these lamb chops with tangy coleslaw and lots of fresh lemon juice.
8 lamb chops (I used French trimmed chops)
3 extra-large eggs
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
50g Mediterranean Delicacies Parmesan style cheese
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
oil for frying (I use Canola oil)
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl, ideal for dipping and set aside.
- In another shallow bow, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan and add about 1cm oil.
- First, dip the lamb chops in the beaten egg, then cover with the crumbs.
- Carefully place into the hot oil and allow to fry for 4-5 minutes per side until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the lamb chop is cooked.
- Place on kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil and serve with coleslaw and fresh lemon juice.