Quick and easy pancakes with Banana, Honey & Low-Fat yoghurt
During the week most of us are happy with a quick bowl of cereal and some fruit for breakfast, but over weekends when we have a bit more time, it’s nice to spoil ourselves and our families with something special.
When the folks from Kellogg’s challenged me to make something with their new Special K Oats & Honey, I was incredibly excited. I’ve eaten Special K since I was a student and am particularly fond of the Red Berries product. I knew that I would have fun developing recipes around the newest addition to their cereal family and once I tasted Special K Oats & Honey, I was hooked. It’s subtly sweet with lots of crunch.
I wanted to add this crunch to one of my all-time weekend breakfast favourites – pancakes. I decided to crush the Special K slightly and fold it into the pancake batter to add texture and when they were cooked, piled them high and served them with fresh banana, a drizzle of honey and a dollop of thick Greek yoghurt. Quick, healthy and delicious!
Makes approximately 12 pancakes (depending on size)
5ml baking powder
pinch of salt
2 T sugar
125ml skimmed milk
50ml butter, melted
75g Special K Oats & Honey, slightly crushed
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine the egg, milk and butter in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
- Gently mix in the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the crushed Special K Honey & Oats.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a warm, non-stick frying pan (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Flip over and continue frying until cooked.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with sliced bananas, honey and Greek yoghurt.
If you liked this recipe, and want to make this season a honey-kissed winter visit www.facebook.com/SpecialKSA