Let’s talk about lunch for a second. I don’t know why, but recently I have pretty much zero inspiration when it comes to lunch time. I have an egg with avo on toast or some oats for breakfast and I always plan something for dinner but when it comes to lunch, fetching the kids from school, helping them with homework and sorting out their lunch leaves me feeling tired and ready for a nap. I find that when I plan and prep my ingredients for lunch, I find it a lot harder to abandon that idea and reach for a slice of toast instead so I’ve started prepping this salad the night before and you guys, it is SO delicious, I could easily eat it every single day.
The vegetables provide crunch and flavour, the chicken gives you the protein boost you need in the afternoon and the dressing brings it all together in all its peanutty-Asian-inspired glory. This makes a fabulous packed lunch (just keep the dressing at the bottom of your container and mix right before serving) and will leave you feeling full and satisfied and very much chuffed with yourself that you had THIS for your lunch while other people force down sad sandwiches. You’re welcome!
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned/grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped chillies
- juice of 1 lime
- splash of water to thin out
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad then toss well.
- Serve immediately.