“Another sticky chicken recipe?”, I hear you ask. Yes my friends, the children have spoken and as all parents know, when your children speak, you must listen. When the twins asked me to make sticky chicken for dinner a few nights ago, I couldn’t for the life of me stand making the same recipes again. So yes, I have many to choose from, like this Soy & sweet chilli baked chicken or my mom’s easiest sticky chicken, but still I wanted something else. I gathered up almost every Asian ingredient I could find and made a quick little marinade/cook-in sauce for a few chicken thighs and drumsticks I had in the fridge. I finished the chicken with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, some fresh micro-coriander and a few slices of fresh chilli (for the adults only, of course), et voila. A seriously delicious, proper finger-licking-good chicken recipe that takes all of 5 minutes to knock together and only 20-30 to cook. Dinner in a flash? Done!
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c and line a baking tray with foil (for easy cleaning).
- Combine the soy, fish and oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger and chilli in a bowl and whisk together.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and pour over the sauce. Make sure each piece of chicken is well coated.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is caramelised and sticky and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice and vegetables of your choice.