Sticky sriracha-honey chicken wings
These are the ultimate sticky, sticky chicken wings recipe. The spicy sriracha and sweet orange blossom honey take the marinade over the top.
Is there anything more glorious than a chicken wing, so sticky it leaves a coating on your fingers, forcing you to lick them off? I think not. And these here wings are the stickiest of all the sticky wings my friends. Just take a moment to appreciate that glossy chicken wing right there. Thing of beauty, isn’t it?
So, I’ll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a thing for a chicken wing. There’s something intensely pleasurable about splitting the raw chicken wings (my inner butcher definitely comes out here) and as is the case with all chicken, the versatility is what gets me most excited. Sweet and spicy or crunchy or simply seasoned with salt and pepper and the ultimate, Korean style where you combine all the styles and get pretty much the crack version of the chicken world, I love them all.
The inspiration for this version struck when I received a glorious bottle of orange blossom honey from Melissa’s. Melissa’s is well known for their amazing range of food products and gorgeous packaging and other than eating the honey straight out of the jar, I knew I wanted to do something savoury with it. As sriracha is my current obsession , I threw some of that in there because let’s face it, sriracha makes everything better. I also added a spoonful of their chilli-ginger jam but this isn’t an essential component to the dish so can easily be omitted.
Into the oven they went with their vibrant red glaze and after a few tosses, turns and a little more basting, out they came looking like this. I mean, seriously now. It took all my will-power not to dive right in but once I did, you guys, I can’t even explain to you how freaking delicious these were. If I had a bucket-full in front of me, I would’ve scoffed the whole lot. No jokes. Serve these with copious amounts of chilled beer and many, many napkins. Trust me.
- 10 chicken wings, split to create 20 wings (10 mini drumsticks, 10 winglets)
- 4 tablespoons honey (I used Melissa's orange blossom honey)
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili jam/peach chutney
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken wings and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken wings on a greased baking tray in a single layer and spoon a little of the glaze over each wing.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, place the remaining glaze in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until the glaze is hot and thickened slightly.
- Half way through baking, turn the wings and baste them with the remaining glaze.
- When the wings are cooked through and sticky, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: This post has not been sponsored.
More chicken wings recipes you will love: