These tropical smoothie breakfast popsicles are so easy to make and are an excellent healthy snack or grab-and-go breakfast. My kids are obsessed!
Breakfast popsicles are probably the most genius invention. Like, ever. Especially for moms who have kids who aren’t morning people and take around 4 million years to tell me what they want for breakfast. (!!!) Um, hi. I have more important things to do than stand here listing all your breakfast options like a waitress listing specials in a diner. And yes, I know I shouldn’t be doing that but honestly you guys, I just don’t have the energy for a fight in the morning so I just give them every possible option and hope that something tickles their fancy so I can get something in them before they head off to school.
But since I’ve been making breakfast popsicles their options are more streamlined and our mornings are more “happy-family” than “mom-is-about-to-lose-her-sh!t”. And they’re so easy to make. I make two flavours over the weekend and have them in the freezer on stand-by. They make excellent “sweets” when the kids are in the mood for a snack and stand-in for dessert regularly. There’s no guilt involved either because they are genuinely healthy and filled with fruit, nuts, seeds and good proteins. Who’s winning at mom-life now?!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 passionfruit, pulp and seeds removed
- To make the tropical smoothie, blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt and honey together.
- Layer the tropical smoothie, passionfruit and Greek yoghurt layers together in popsicle moulds then add popsicle sticks.
- Place in the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 6 hours.