Today, I won’t be giving you a lengthy post abut how fabulous this dish is. I’ll let the pictures do the talking. Just imagine a soft, oozy egg on top of crisp, salty bacon in a soft roll flavoured with chilli, basil & almond pesto. Simple and perfect.
for the pesto
- 100 g blanched almonds
- 80 g basil leaves stems removed
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/2 - 1 chilli roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- streaky bacon cooked to your preference
- 2 eggs fried
- 2 bread rolls
- fresh watercress
- To make the pesto, combine all the ingredients except for the oil in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped. With the blade running, slowly pour in the oil until you reach the desired consistency. I like a thicker pesto.
- To assemble the rolls, place some fresh watercress on the rolls followed by the cooked bacon, fried eggs and finally some of the pesto.
- Serve immediately.