Banana Cake with Peanutbutter Icing
This cake is the perfect thing for afternoon tea because it’s not too sweet. It’s basically a banana bread (although the texture is lighter) with a buttery, peanutbutter frosting. Topped with chopped Pecans, it’s absolute heaven! How I wish there was still some left!
5ml Vanilla Extract
240g Cake Flour
5ml Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
110g Soft Butter
225g Mashed Banana (I just whizzed mine with my hand blender)
For the frosting:
400g Icing Sugar
50g Soft Butter (I used Wooden Spoon)
75g Smooth Peanutbutter
handful Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and add all the other ingredients. Combine with a wooden spoon and then beat for 2 minutes at a medium speed until everything is well mixed and creamy.
- Pour into a well-greased cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick, and if it comes out clean the cake is ready. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.
- For the icing, cream the butter and peanutbutter together until pale and fluffy. Add the sifted Icing sugar and beat until incorporated. If necessary, thin out with some of the milk. Spread liberally over the cake and top with the chopped Pecans.