Coffee Pudding – Café Enrista
How often does it happen that you’re planning a camping trip or a vacation to a self-catering apartment somewhere and you have to pack a million different containers for all the different food stuffs you need to take? Sugar, milk, coffee…no more. With Cafe Enrista’s nifty and convenient sachets, all you need is boiling water. The coffee comes with sugar and creamer in a super convenient packet ready to tear open and add hot water to. What more do you want when you’re sitting around a bushveld fire or on a long road trip? All you need is a hot water flask.
I was sent an enormous basket of goodies by the kind people of Enrista and included were the 4 options for coffee, being the 3-in-1 Strong, 3-in-1 Regular, 3-in-1 Mild, 2-in-1 (no sugar) original blend and the 2-in-1 decaffeinated along with the sachets of hot chocolate and white hot chocolate. There really is something for every family member.
Enrista coffees are roasted to perfection and grinded to powder which ensures the customer gets the aromatic fragrance of a real coffee bean. The rich blends are created to allow you to make a perfect cup of coffee without any hassles. I don’t know about you, but I could do with fewer hassles in my everyday life.
What I also love about this product is that every cup of coffee tastes the same. Enjoy a good cup of coffee every time, everywhere! Enrista is currently running a competition on their website, hop on over and enter! http://www.enrista.co.za/contest/
Not only is Enrista great to drink, it’s also really nice to cook with. The Enrista Team asked me to come up with a recipe using their coffees and the most logical result, with us in the midst of Winter was a Coffee pudding…baked in a coffee mug. You can of course bake this in an oven-proof dish but the coffee mugs just add a cute touch. If you’re not using metal mugs, make sure the material you’ll be using is oven-proof.
I have 10 sample Hampers to give-away so if you’d like to experience the taste of Enrista yourself, leave a comment below. The first 10 to comment will each win a hamper.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
3 sachets Cafe Enrista 3-in-1 Strong
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cake flour
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda (baking soda)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
2 sachets Cafe Enrista 3-in-1 Strong
2 tbsp sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and grease 2 coffee mugs.
- Melt the butter in a microwaveable container.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and egg until light and mix in the melted butter.
- Heat the milk and stir in the Cafe Enrista.
- Pour the coffee mixture and the vanilla into the sugar and egg mixture and stir well.
- Sift in the cake flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the two coffee mugs and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine all the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan, stir to dissolve the sugar and allow to come to a boil. Once it’s come to a boil, turn the heat down.
- Spoon the syrup over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve with custard or thick cream.