This cranberry ginger mojito is the perfect festive cocktail and can be made in big jugs and served during your Christmas festivities.
This easy mojito recipe flavored with ginger and cranberries is such a fab Christmas cocktail. It’s got loads of festive flavour but is so easy to make. PLUS you can make it in huge batches. The cranberry and ginger simple syrup can easily be made a few days ahead and kept in the fridge and as all the flavor and magic of this cocktail is in the syrup, you could easily top it with ginger beer/soda water/lemonade and make virgin mojitos for the kids or your guests who don’t drink alcohol. So versatile!
Table of Contents
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cranberries. I used frozen but fresh will also work. Dried cranberries are not suitable for this recipe. If you can’t find fresh or frozen cranberries, cherries or raspberries are good alternatives.
- Fresh lime juice as well as lime slices. Lemon juice can also be used.
- Rum. I used light rum/silver rum. Something like Bacardi silver is fine to use.
- Ice cubes.
- Fresh mint.
- Soda water/Seltzer/Club soda.
How do you make a cranberry ginger mojito?
- Make the cranberry syrup: Simmer the cranberries, sugar, water, ginger and lemon juice for 5 minutes in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir to make sure the sugar is completely dissolved. I prefer blending and straining the syrup to get rid of any cranberry seeds and skins but this is completely optional. Allow the syrup to cool completely.
- Make the mojito: Fill serving glasses (I like taller glasses like a high ball glass but any cocktail glass will work) with plenty of ice then add some of the syrup. Top with rum and lime juice. Top up with soda water and finish with frozen cranberries, lime slices and mint before serving. You can do this in a cocktail shaker too or even make it in a large jug if you’re serving a crowd. You can muddle the lime and cranberry with the syrup too, if preferred.
- To make a big batch: fill a large jug with ice then pour the syrup over. Top with rum, lime juice and soda water. Garnish with the cranberries, mint sprig and lime slices and serve.
Easy Christmas cocktails:
Cranberry and ginger mojito
for the cranberry and ginger syrup (Makes approximately 2 cups)
- 2 cups cranberries I used frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
for the Mojito
- 2 parts cranberry & ginger syrup
- 1-2 parts white rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- soda water/club soda
- frozen cranberries
- lime wedges
- fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture until smooth then strain to remove all the fruit pulp.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the mojito, pour syrup into the bottom of a tall glass, add ice, cranberries, mint leaves and lime wedges. Add the rum and top with soda water/club soda.