Gorgonzola & Chicken Quiche
I just love making Quiche in summer. It’s so easy (mostly because I use ready-made Puff Pastry) and the variety of fillings is just endless.
Some of my favourites are:
- Roast butternut & Feta
- Spinach, Ricotta & Mint
- Chicken, Broccoli & Gorgonzola
- Good ‘ol Quiche Lorraine
This one is really interesting and soo flavourful. The perfect lunch or light supper meal.
1 roll, Ready-Rolled Puff pastry, rolled out to size of dish. After placing in dish, refrigerate for 10 minutes
8 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1cm cubes
150g Gorgonzola, Crumbled
1 Large white onion, finely chopped
2 cups Greek Yoghurt
Fresh Basil, Chopped
Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped
Salt & Black pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, Sautè the chicken until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and allow to cool a little.
- In the same pan, fry the onions until soft and golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the eggs, yoghurt, milk, herbs and seasoning.
- Spoon the onions onto the chilled pastry base followed by the Gorgonzola and then the Chicken.
- Slowly pour the ‘custard’ mixture in and bake in a preheated (180°C) oven for 20-25 minutes until the Quiche is Golden ontop and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with salad.
Click HERE to view the recipe for Chicken, Feta and Pea Quiche. A more kiddie friendly recipe that’s still just as delish for adults.