I love making frittatas when I have left-overs as the frittata lends itself to any flavour combination and any ingredients. I used left-over gammon for this frittata and added sweet caramelised onions and frozen petit pois as a nod to the classic combination of ham and peas. This really is a fantastic way to use the last of your Christmas Gammon and is great as brunch, lunch or even a simple supper with a zesty salad served alongside.
Pea and Gammon Frittata
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 cups left-over gammon, cubed
- 1 cup cooked baby peas
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs beaten
- 50 ml cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°c.
- In an oven-proof pan, fry the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the gammon and peas and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the paprika and salt and stir.
- To the beaten eggs, add the cream and pour over the gammon and peas.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes on the stove and pop into the oven for 5 minutes to finish the cooking
- Serve with toasted sourdough/watercress salad. (This is great served at room temperature)