Yes, this is as insane as it sound. Rice krispies mixed with marshmallows and butter topped with a layer of chocolatey peanut butter, finished with a glossy layer of chocolate ganache.
I saw the idea for this on Food Network one day but can’t remember AT ALL which show it was or where the idea came from, but it sure stuck. I made these on Saturday and they were finished by Sunday. They are completely addictive and yes, not at all healthy but oh-so-worth it!
Ps. These are also great for bake sales, lunchboxes & kiddie parties (or any parties).
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie barsPrint Pin Rate
for the rice krispie layer
- 150 g marshmallows
- 50 g butter
- 4 cups rice krispies
for the peanut butter layer
- 2 cups peanut butter I used unsweetened, organic peanut butter
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
for the ganache
- 300 g dark chocolate chopped
- 50 ml cream
- Line a 30cmx20cm dish (at least 5cm deep) with baking paper.
- To make the rice krispie layer, melt together the marshmallows and butter. Mix in the rice krispies and press into the bottom of the prepared dish. Place in the fridge to set.
- To make the peanut butter layer, melt together the peanut butter and chocolate and pour onto the rice krispie layer.
- Refrigerate until set (approximately 2 hours).
- To make the chocolate ganache, melt together the chocolate and cream until smooth and glossy then pour over the peanut butter layer and refrigerate again until set.
- When the bars are set, remove from the fridge and slice into bars/blocks.
- These bars will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days in an airtight container.