The pita chips are incredibly easy to make and require no recipe. The way they go slightly crispy but still stay chewy is just wonderful and dipped into the aromatic and flavourful taramosalata, they make a great snack with drinks!
You will need:
1 pita bread per person, cut into wedges
2 tsp olive oil per pita bread
crushed garlic (optional)
Mediterranean Delicacies taramosalata, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°c.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic, if using, and brush over the pita triangles.
- Arrange the pita bread wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes then turn the wedges over.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the pitas are golden and crisp.
- Serve with bowls of taramosalata.
To win a hamper filled to the brim with fabulous Mediterranean Delicacies products, visit their Facebook page.
Mediterranean Delicacies can be found at select Pick n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Spar, Fruit & Veg City and independent retailers nationwide.