Quick and easy vegetable fried rice
Aromatic, quick and easy fried rice filled with fresh vegetables is a substantial yet light recipe for dinner and makes for great leftovers.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cubed
- 250 g (½lb) mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups tenderstem broccoli stems sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons yuzu/lemon/lime juice
- fresh coriander and chillies to serve (optional)
Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a hot wok.
Fry the onion and carrot until soft then add the ginger and garlic.
Add the remaining vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes until cooked but still tender-crisp.
Add the rice and sauces and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6364IU | Vitamin C: 113mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg