Easy garlic cheese pasta
This ridiculously easy garlicky cheese pasta is the perfect quick and delicious weeknight meal and perfect for meatless Mondays.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon flour
- 1-1½ cups milk
- ½ cup cream alternatively use all milk
- 2 cups grated cheese of your choice I used 1 cup mature cheddar and ½ cup each of mozzarella and Parmesan
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 500 g pasta of your choice cooked (reserve 1 cup of the cooking water)
To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large, deep frying pan.
Add the garlic and fry until fragrant then add the flour. Whisk in the milk until a smooth sauce forms then add the cream (if using). Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Turn the heat off then add the cheese, parsley, lemon and season to taste.
Add the cooked pasta and a little of the cooking water, stirring to coat the pasta. Add more pasta water if necessary.