Chicken fajita skewers
Succulent chicken fajita skewers are a perfect, assemble-ahead weeknight dinner. Marinated in lime, oregano & olive oil, they are as tasty as they are easy.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
for the skewers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1-2 bell peppers seeded and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1-2 red onions cut into bite-sized chunks
- bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1-2 hours (this prevents them from burning)
- sour cream
Combine the olive oil, lime juice and spices in a bowl and mix well.
Add the chicken and allow to marinade for 30 mins-1 hour.
Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers with the peppers and onions. Place back in the marinade and allow to marinade until you are ready to cook.
Cook the chicken fajita skewers in a hot griddle pan until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with tortillas, sour cream and guacamole.