Easy caramel tiramisu
Layers of coffee and liquer-soaked ladyfingers, caramel-whipped cream and rich dulce de leche makes this easy caramel tiramisu the ultimate cheat's dessert.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 -10
for the cream mixture
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1 heaped tablespoon icing/powdered sugar sifted
- 3 heaped tablespoons caramel/Dulce de leche
for the coffee mixture
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqeur
- 1 teaspoon caramel essence
- 200 g lady fingers/boudoir biscuits/sponge fingers
- 3-4 tablespoons caramel/dulce de leche
- cocoa powder for dusting
Whip the cream and the icing sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the cream has reached soft peaks.
Add the caramel/dulce de leche then whip until stiff peaks have formed (approximately 5 more minutes).
Combine the coffee, liquer and caramel essence then soak the ladyfingers briefly. Place the soaked cookies in a single layer in a serving dish of your choice.
Top with half of the caramel and spread then add half of the cream mixture.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients and finish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight, before serving.