Roast chicken melts with jalapeño mayo and salsa
Toasted sourdough topped with chicken and mozzarella, spicy jalapeño mayo and zesty salsa makes these roast chicken melts a great way to use leftovers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
for the jalapeño mayo
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeños chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayo I used Hellmans
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice from the jalapeños
for the salsa
- 1 ripe tomato finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- handful fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
for the sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread toasted
- 1 chicken breast thinly sliced
- mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- ½ avocado thinly sliced
- fresh coriander to garnish
Pre-heat the grill of your oven on the hottest setting.
Combine the ingredients for the jalapeño mayo and set aside.
Do the same with the salsa ingredients.
To assemble the sandwich, place the chicken on two slices of the sourdough then top with the mozzarella. Place the sandwiches on a baking tray and place in the oven.
Allow the cheese to melt and become golden brown then remove from the oven.
Spread the mayo on the remaining slice of bread then top the sandwich with the avo slices and a generous spoonful of salsa. Top with the fresh coriander and close the sandwich with the mayo-slathered bread.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 632mg | Potassium: 929mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3.3mg