Easy grilled Mexican chicken with pico de gallo
Juicy, spicy grilled Mexican chicken served with vibrant, colourful pico de gallo is perfect for easy healthy meals and gluten free and low calorie to boot.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
for the chicken
- 4 large de-boned chicken breasts skin removed
- 4 tablespoons enchilada/mexican spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon/lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
for the pico de gallo
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1-2 red onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded, finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- juice of 1 lemon/lime
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine the enchilada spice, chilli flakes, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and rub over the chicken breasts.
Heat a griddle pan over high heat then grill the chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through.
In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the pico de gallo.
When the chicken is cooked, serve with the pico de gallo and extra lemon wedges.