Easy Greek Tzatziki
Greek Tzatziki is quick and easy to make and is perfect served with grilled pita bread as an easy meze/appetizer or served with grilled meat for dinner.
- 1 large` cucumber grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups thick plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced (some garlic packs more punch than others so start with one and add more if necessary)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (can be substituted with lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Mix the grated cucumber with a teaspoon of salt and set in a colander over a bowl/basin to drain for 20 minutes. Squeeze as much of the water out of the cucumber as possible.
Combine the strained cucumber with the Greek yogurt, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil and season with salt and pepper.
Mix well and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with pita bread or as a side for grilled meat or chicken.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 141mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 0.1mg