Easy spicy corn salsa
This easy, spicy corn salsa is the perfect dish to serve with chips or to serve on or alongside grilled meat as a light, healthy side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 kg (2lbs) frozen corn thawed and drained
- 2 avocados peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp coriander / cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- lime juice to taste
Pre-heat a large frying pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Add the drained corn and allow to cook until golden brown and the edges start to char. Remove from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
Add the avocado, onion, jalapeño, tomato and coriander/cilantro then season with salt and lime. Mix well and serve.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.9mg