Easy healthy blueberry muffins
Easy healthy blueberry muffins studded with juicy blueberries made with oatmeal and bananas are the perfect make-ahead breakfast or wholesome snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 2½ cups oat flour (I make oat flour by blending rolled oats in my blender. Use 3 cups of rolled oats to make 2½ cups oat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 medium bananas, mashed (approximately 1½ cups mashed banana)
- ½ cup oil (coconut oil or canola oil)
- ½ cup unrefined brown sugar (substitute with xylitol or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- fresh blueberries for topping (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake/muffin liners.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add the eggs, oil, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and blueberries and gently fold the ingredients together.
Spoon the batter into the lined muffin pan then top each muffin with fresh blueberries.
Place in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.9mg