How to make 5 minute salsa
This 5 minute salsa recipe is easy to make and is perfect served with chips and guacamole as a simple snack or alongside quesadillas and enchiladas.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 x 400g 14oz can chopped tomatoes (drain the tomatoes if you want a thicker salsa)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- small handful fresh coriander/cilantro to taste
- 2 fresh Jalapeños seeds removed (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of sugar optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon/lime juice to taste
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the ingredients have just been broken down. Take care not to blend too much as the salsa will lose all its texture.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
This salsa will keep for up to 10 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 20.1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.4mg