Low carb chicken satay salad
Chicken satay is always a winner but this simple version served on a delicious low carb salad will be a guaranteed hit. Tasty, healthy AND easy? Check!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
for the satay dressing/marinade
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon/lime juice
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
for the salad
- 4 skinless de-boned chicken breasts
- red pepper sliced
- carrots thinly sliced
- sugar snap peas thinly sliced
- cucumber shaved into ribbons/thinly sliced
- baby corn halved
- spring onion thinly sliced
- cabbage thinly sliced
- baby lettuce leaves
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing/marinade.
Reserve 1/2 of the dressing and pour the remainder over the chicken breasts.
Allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
In the meanwhile, prep all the vegetables.
Heat a non-stick pan over high heat then add the chicken breasts. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through.
Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a minute or two before slicing.
Serve the chicken with the vegetables and the dressing on the side.