Crumbed and deep-fried Cauliflower
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 -4 as a snack/starter
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 250 ml 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 packets Knorr Crispy & Tasty Chicken Coating
- 2 litres sunflower oil for deep-frying
- !For the caper mayonnaise
- 250 ml 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 30 ml 2 Tbsp capers (chopped if they're very large)
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
Place the flour, eggs and crumb coating in three separate bowls.
Coat the cauliflower florets first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the crumb coating.
When the oil is hot, fry the cauliflower until golden brown and crisp.
Remove from the oil and allow to drain on kitchen paper.
To make the caper mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise and the capers.
Serve the crispy cauliflower hot, with the caper mayonnaise.