I find it odd that I haven’t blogged a recipe for Margaritas before. It is my all-time favourite cocktail and one I order whenever it’s on the menu. Over the years I have learned that I like my Margaritas shaken, not frozen and that when I make them at home, it’s best I do so in a large jug because I can never only drink one (and it’s not fun having a fiesta on your own so a nice big jug makes it the perfect drink to serve at a party).
A classic Margarita is my absolute favourite but this version with a spicy kick is positively addictive. It’s almost like the warmth provided by the chilli-infused simple syrup makes the tingle from the tequila last a little longer, which is very much welcomed by my friends and I. Serve these in tumblers, over ice with a few slices of lemon and keep the jug close, you’ll need a top up before you know it!
Chilli-infused MargaritasPrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
chilli-infused simple syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 red chillies sliced in half from the stem down
for the margaritas
- 150 ml blanco tequila silver
- 150 ml triple sec
- 150 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 100 ml chilli-infused simple syrup
- 3 cups roughly crushed ice
- 3 limes thinly sliced
- To make the syrup, bring the ingredients to a boil and allow to bubble for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the Margaritas, combine all the ingredients in a large jug and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving in tumblers with ice.
I have just tried the chilli infused margaritas.
EXCELENT drink, a very nice way to start the night.
A big hug from Portugal.
I just made these, duno if I stuffed the recipe up but only made 2 glasses, certainly a good way to start the night!
This looks amazing! I will definitely have to try it!
Thanks Brittney. Let me know what you thought once you’ve tried them!
Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living
Though I tend to drink frozen margaritas over shaken, this looks amazing! What would substitute for chili’s for those of us who can’t handle the spice?
If you don’t like chili’s what the point wanting to
try or amend this recipe… stick with the classic.. Me personally love the chili margarita, but I like chili’s.