Table of Contents
- 1 Creamy chicken and broccoli gnocchi
Creamy chicken and broccoli gnocchi is a great, easy weeknight recipe made using shop-bought gnocchi. Dinner in a flash? Yes please!
Shop-bought gnocchi is one of those staples in my pantry. I always have it because when I am out of ideas, I know I can come up with something pretty delicious using a few packets of potato gnocchi.
This creamy chicken and broccoli gnocchi is a prime example. One night last week, I actually forgot about dinner. Yeah. That happened. Blame it on the end-of-year-rush or just being tired or just being ready for a holiday but I just completely forgot about it. 20 minutes before we usually have dinner the kids came to me while I was typing out recipes asking what we’re having for dinner and why I’m not cooking yet. Um. Mild panic. I very calmly explained that I am cooking something really fast tonight so don’t need to spend an hour in the kitchen. (White lies are essential to parenting right?)
I rushed to the kitchen and thankfully found a packet of chicken breasts ready to be used in the fridge. I grabbed a packet of gnocchi and some broccoli and rustled up this dish. It was so good, I just had to share it with you guys. Because I know I’m not the only one that that’s happened to. Right? (Please tell me I’m not the only loony who has forgotten about dinner!!)
I just love creamy chicken anything and this gnocchi was such a great dinner. We ate it out of bowls with our feet on the couch because listen, at the end of the year I couldn’t care less about the rules anymore, and it was just so luscious. We’ve thankfully had a few cooler days with loads of rain lately and some nights you just want comfort in a bowl right? This is that. Plus it takes less than 30 minutes from prep to plate so we’re all winning.
Creamy chicken and broccoli gnocchi
for the creamy chicken and broccoli sauce
- 4 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 head of broccoli broken into small florets
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup cream alternatively use coconut cream
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooked potato gnocchi or pasta of your choice
- In a large, deep frying pan, sauté the chicken in a splash of olive oil until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a minute or two before adding the chicken stock and cream.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and allow the sauce to cook and reduce for 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Add the cooked gnocchi stir to combine.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese (optional).