This recipe for naan pizza has become a staple in our home. It’s the easiest way to get a really delicious pizza at home (in fact, we sometimes prefer it to actual pizza) and can be made in the air fryer on in the oven!
I’m a little embarrassed to admit that these homemade pizzas have been on our menu a good number of times over the last few weeks. It’s so easy to make and a hit every time. They are great as a quick lunch or after school snack but I’ve even made them for dinner when I just can’t be bothered to spend more than 10 minutes in the kitchen.
I always have store-bought naan in the freezer so swapping it out for pizza crust/pizza dough makes total sense. Add any of your fav toppings and enjoy!
Table of Contents
- Store-bought Naan. You could use any flatbread for this recipe.
- Pizza sauce. Feel free to use any sauce of your choice. Pesto, cream cheese, Alfredo sauce will all work.
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Toppings: I used salami and fresh basil but any pizza toppings will work here.
What to add to naan pizzas
- Cooked chicken.
- Cooked bacon.
- Bell peppers.
- Red onion and garlic.
- Seasoning: Dried oregano, red pepper flakes/chilli flakes, black pepper.
How to make Naan Pizza
Place naan on a large sheet pan or baking sheet then place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. Flip over the naan then top with the sauce, cheese and your favorite pizza toppings. Place back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted. Remove then top with fresh basil, slice and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
I wouldn’t recommend making this naan pizza too far in advance as the naan will get soggy. However, leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in a hot pan or the air fryer.
Easy Naan Pizza
- 2 Storebought Naans
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1½ cups cheese use any shredded/grated cheese of your choice
- toppings of your choice
- fresh basil to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the naan on the sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the naan from the oven then flip over and top with pizza sauce, cheese and your toppings.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil and slice then serve.