Easy pizza toast was my absolute favorite quick snack as a child. My mom used to whip it up for us as a simple after school snack and I still love it to this day. Use any toppings of your choice in this 5-minute treat.
Table of Contents
- Bread of your choice. Sandwich bread, sourdough bread or country loaf will all work well. Even English muffins or bagels can be used.
- Pizza sauce. Marinara sauce or jarred pasta sauce will work well too.
- Mozzarella cheese.
Other Pizza topping ideas
- Salami / Pepperoni.
- Sautéed mushrooms.
- Diced pineapple.
- Tomato slices.
- Bell peppers.
- Pitted olives.
- Fresh basil.
How to make pizza toast
- Toast the bread: Pop sliced bread into a toaster or alternative toast under the grill/broiler of your oven on both sides.
- Add toppings: Place slices of toasted bread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Top the toast with pizza sauce. Scatter over grated or shredded mozzarella cheese and top with your favorite pizza toppings. Sprinkle over dried oregano and place in a hot oven.
- Bake: Allow to cook until the cheese has melted then remove from the oven and serve.
Can I make pizza toast ahead?
The toast is best served hot from the oven and if you add the toppings too far in advance the bread will go soggy. The toppings can be prepped a few days in advanced and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to go.
Easy Pizza Toast
- 4-8 slices bread of your choice toasted
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups grated mozzarella
- salami/ toppings of your choice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pre-heat the grill of your oven.
- Place the toast on a baking sheet and add a generous spoonful of pizza sauce. Spread with the back of the spoon to the corners.
- Top with a handful of grated mozzarella followed by the toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle over a little oregano.
- Place in the oven and allow to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.