Easy pizza toast is the ultimate after school snack for kids (and grown-ups will love it too). Use any toppings of your choice in this 5-minute treat.
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Bread of your choice. Sandwich bread, sourdough or country loaf will all work well.
- Pizza sauce. Marinara sauce or jarred pasta sauce will work well too.
- Mozzarella cheese.
Other Pizza topping ideas
- Salami / Pepperoni
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Diced pineapple
- Pitted olives
How to make pizza toast
- Toast the bread: Pop sliced bread into a toaster or alternative toast under the grill/broiler of your oven on both sides.
- Add toppings: Place slices of toasted bread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Top the toast with pizza sauce. Scatter over grated or shredded mozzarella cheese and top with your choice of toppings. Sprinkle over dried oregano and place in a hot oven.
- Bake: Allow to cook until the cheese has melted then remove from the oven and serve.
Can I make pizza toast ahead?
The toast is best served hot from the oven and if you add the toppings too far in advance the bread will go soggy. The toppings can be prepped a few days in advanced and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to go.
Easy Pizza Toast
- 4-8 slices bread of your choice toasted
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups grated mozzarella
- salami/ toppings of your choice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pre-heat the grill of your oven.
- Place the toast on a baking sheet and add a generous spoonful of pizza sauce. Spread with the back of the spoon to the corners.
- Top with a handful of grated mozzarella followed by the toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle over a little oregano.
- Place in the oven and allow to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.