There are few things as glorious as fruit platter filled to the brim with ripe, juicy fresh fruit. Want to take this fruit plate over the top? Add a bowl of glossy, indulgent coconut chocolate ganache for dipping.
I made this fruit platter over the weekend when I had an overload of fresh fruit left over from a big campaign shoot I had been working on. I wanted to serve the fruit as plainly as possible to showcase only their own natural deliciousness. Let’s face it, is there anything better than the fragrance of fresh passion fruit or the juiciness of a ripe pineapple? I think not. To add a bit of decadence, I made a silky vegan coconut chocolate ganache for us to dip the berries in but let’s be honest, all the other fruit found themselves drenched in the chocolate sauce too!
This fruit plate makes a fantastic casual, easy dessert and works for almost all diets. The ganache is vegan (just make sure the chocolate you use contains no milk products) and as such is also lactose free. Because you’re working with dark chocolate, even your low-carb friends should be able to enjoy this easy fruit plate as a treat. And feel free to sub in any fruit you like or leave out those you don’t, anything goes. If you’re putting together a fruit platter in the colder months, clementines, pears, plums, pomegranate and dates will all be delicious additions.
How to make a fruit platter
- Use a variety of fresh fruit and slice them in different ways to add visual interest. Melons can be sliced into wedges, balled or sliced into fingers. Mango cheeks can be sliced and served as is. Use as many fruits as you can to add as much texture to your platter as possible.
- Dried fruit and nuts are also good additions.
- Add a dipping sauce for a decadent touch.
Most fruit will last fine for up to 2 hours when cut and covered with plastic wrap. Bananas, apples and pears will oxidize so only cut them right before serving.
- Easy caramel apple puff galette
- Classic baked cheesecake with easy berry sauce
- Mixed berry lattice pie
- Banana cream pie
Fruit plate with coconut chocolate ganache
for the coconut chocolate ganache
- 300 g (10oz) dark chocolate chopped
- 400 ml (13.5fl oz) coconut milk
for the fruit plate
- selection of fresh fruit of your choice (melon, mango, pineapple, grapes, berries, passion fruit, clementine, pears, banana, kiwi fruit, pomegranate, oranges, etc.)
- To make the ganache, heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan to boiling poing. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute then stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve the fruit with the cooled ganache.
This is what my dream looks like! I often serve fruit plate at parties. Not only is it delicious, it looks lovely and inviting. It’s sooo colorful and packed with vitamins. The thing is I haven’t made this for about two months. Now I’m thinking of making not only your baked brie but this fruit platter too for our friend’s gathering next week. Though I’ll probably add pears and plums to it. The fruit platter always looks absolutely beautiful on the table. I’m sure everyone will enjoy this.
Thank you for sharing such an awesome idea! Love your blog. It makes me feel all cozy inside. I really appreciate all of your hard work and effort.
Oh, thank you so much Ann. What a lovely compliment! 🙂
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
What a gorgeous fruit plate Alida! And that chocolate coconut ganache sounds like I’d want to smother everything in it! Perfect for spring and summer!
Thanks so much Mary Ann! That ganache is a dream!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
This not only looks beautiful, but is super tasty too! Love the coconut chocolate ganache…I would be almost tempted to drink it as is 😉
Thanks Dawn! That ganache is totally drinkable!
What a showstopping vegan dessert. The fruit all looks so good and that ganache is superb.
Thanks so much Kate! 🙂
Omg YUM!!!! I love serving fruit plate at parties but this chocolate ganache takes it up a notch!
It’s always a party favorite! 🙂
This is the ultimate summer platter! I’m sure there would be none left over here. I love how beautifully arranged this is and of course, the ganache is the perfect dip for this!
Thanks so much Shelby!
Love this sharing fruit platter, makes a great dessert, allergy friendly too:-)
That ganache was something else! I could swim in it. Another great recipe.
It’s so great, right? One of my favs.
Laura | Tutti Dolci
So pretty, and such a fun treat with all that beautiful summer fruit!
Thanks Laura! Nothing beats a plate filled with ripe summer fruit.