Grilled corn ribs served with spicy chipotle butter are delicious as an easy side dish and will be a crowd favorite this summer.
Table of Contents
What are corn ribs?
Corn ribs are pieces of corn on the cob sliced into strips. They cook a little faster than whole corn on the cob and are delicious cooked on the grill.
- Corn ribs. I bought mine from my local supermarket but you can make your own but using a very sharp knife and cutting through the cob.
- Olive oil.
- Salt. Other spices like smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin or chili powder can also be used to add even more flavor.
- Chipotles in adobo sauce.
- Lime juice.
How to make corn ribs
Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush the olive oil over the corn then season with salt. Grill the seasoned corn ribs until charred and caramelized, approximately 5-7 minutes, then remove from the heat. While the corn is grilling, combine the softened butter, chipotles and lime juice in the bowl of a blender then blend until smooth.
Serve the grilled corn slathered with the chipotle butter.
Can I cook them in another way?
Yes, of course! They are great cooked in the air fryer but you can also bake them in the oven. Air fryer corn ribs can be cooked at 200ºC/400ºF for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
Can I make this ahead?
The corn is definitely best eaten straight away but any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The corn riblets are a delicious side dish, appetizer or snack and can be served with any main dish to make a meal. We love it with grilled chicken, pork ribs or steak.
- 500 g (1lb) corn ribs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
for the chipotle butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Brush the olive oil over the corn ribs then season with salt.
- Grill the seasoned corn ribs until charred and caramelized, approximately 5-7 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- While the corn is grilling, combine the softened butter, chipotles and lime juice in the bowl of a blender then blend until smooth.
- Serve the grilled corn ribs slathered with the chipotle butter.