Coconut curry chicken thighs
Succulent chicken thighs cooked in a rich, aromatic coconut curry sauce with vibrant broccoli. Is this the perfect weeknight meal, or what?
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder I used Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder/cayenne pepper optional
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cream optional
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan then fry the chicken until golden and crisp, remove and set aside.
Fry the onion in the same pan (add a little more coconut oil if needed) until soft and translucent then add the ginger, garlic and spices and fry for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
Pour in the coconut milk, cream and honey and allow to come to a simmer. Add the chicken thighs to the sauce then turn down the heat and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
In the meantime, steam the broccoli until almost cooked through and transfer to the chicken and coconut curry sauce to finish cooking.
Season the chicken with lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.
Calories: 816kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 73g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 244mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 1517mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 43.9mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 5.3mg