As I mentioned last week in the Blueberry cheesecake ice cream post, my friend Karien and I went on a little ice cream adventure together when we decided to collaborate and create a few fabulous ice creams. One of my favourites was the peanut butter one which I may or may not have been eating straight out of the container. Seriously. If you like peanut butter (and if you don’t, why even are we friends?) this is something you HAVE to try!
This ice cream works incredibly well served in cones, as shown here, but I made some crêpes the other day which I filled with Nutella. To add even more indulgence, I topped the crepes with a scoop of the peanut butter ice cream. Man alive. I have never experienced such deliciousness. If there weren’t people around me, I would for realsies shove my face in my plate. I have been known to want as much deliciousness in my life as possible so I might be alone in this but just try it. So delicious!
- 500ml cream
- 300ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 150g sugar
- 200g peanut butter (I used organic, smooth peanut butter)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and frothy.
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan to boiling point. Slowly whisk the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream churner and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Once churned,place in the freezer until ready to serve.